Exceltemplates.org – Marketing is one of the most important departments in a company. The team from this department will determine how well the products are known by the public; which then affect the total profit to earn. Generally, marketing also refers to department with quite high budget in order that all marketing plans will work efficiently and effectively. In this case, there is supposed to be a Marketing Budget Plan, so that the financial dept can figure out what marketing team is going to do during a year along with the total budget needed.
Marketing Budget Plan functions like the other kinds of financial plan, there are list of things to do coming along with the necessary amount of money needed to carry those things out. Below are the examples of detail which are commonly put on Marketing Budget Plan:
• Marketing personnel. To be more detailed, this part consists of payment related to each person included into marketing department, such as the salary, payroll tax, benefit, sales commission, and bonus.
• Research. Marketing also needs research before they start the promoting or selling plans. The budget on research may include primary, secondary, and library research.
• Communications. It consists of budget for advertising, branding, press relation, direct marketing, public relation, websites, internet marketing, etc.
• Customer acquisition and retention; which comprises customer loyalty and lead customer.
• Channel; with sub-budget plans for channel training and communication, incentive, bonus, commission, etc.
• Others; this category is for expense outside those above categories
Using Marketing Budget Plan Excel Template
This plan can be made simple in Excel worksheets. You just have to open this ready-made template. Type the description of each budget split and write the amount (of money) needed on its left side, under the right month-column. Use ‘sum’ formula at the end of each category to get the total budget plan.
There is another template related with Marketing Budget that could be useful, Media Plan template.
Using Microsoft Excel to simplify your spreadsheet tasks is not as difficult as you think. I learned how to use it in less than 24 hours and rely on internet to find the solution if I got stuck. I am not an Excel expert, but here are all useful spreadsheets I have collected and created.